The Veterans Service Office (VSO) assists veterans, reservists, and dependents (of service-connected disabled, or deceased veterans) with their educational benefits. The VSO also acts as a liaison with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The following programs are available:
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
- Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
Woodland Community College requires that all veterans and/or dependents who wish to collect education benefits contact the Woodland Community College VSO to start a file. The VSO will provide assistance in applying for benefits, educational pay, college registration, placement testing and counseling referrals.
What We Offer
- On-line VA education application facilities
- One-on-one personalized student assistance
- Liaison with US Department of Veteran Affairs on your behalf to expedite paperwork, resolve problems and process pay
- Liaison with all other YCCD support services
- Certification of education benefits for all chapters
- Quarterly Newsletter, the Vetgazette
To get started, please visit the How to Apply page to review the steps you should follow. You can also visit the Forms page to review the forms that are required and a checklist that you can print and save.
Then, call the information line at (707) 995-7900. We can assist you with the enrollment process and schedule a counseling appointment to get you started.
We look forward to serving you, just as you have served our country.