How To Apply
The following steps will guide you through the process to initiate your Veterans Affairs (VA) Education Benefits.
- Apply for your VA education benefits. Print and save your confirmation page.
- Apply to Woodland Community College
- Complete and/or bring to Woodland Community College VSO:
- The confirmation page from your VA education benefits application.
- The MEMBER-4 copy of your DD214 indicating all active duty periods served.
- Copy of marriage and birth certificates (Vietnam era only).
- Notice of Basic Eligibility Form (NOBE) (1606/1607 only).
- Copies of all prior college transcripts, with originals sent to Woodland Community College Registrar.
- Copy of Woodland Community College Assessment scores (placement examination).
- Complete the Woodland Community College Online Orientation.
- Set an appointment to complete a VA Education Plan with a Woodland Community College Counselor by calling (707) 995-7900.
- Log in to Web Advisor to register for classes. A class schedule must be submitted to the Woodland Community College VSO for you to be certified and receive education benefits. The classes certified MUST coincide with your VA Education Plan.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) and the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver (BOG)). If you qualify, you will earn free money while you attend college. The application process is free and will not conflict with your VA education benefits.