The Learning Resource Center provides drop in writing and/or math assistance.
All services are free of chargeAn appointment is not necessary though students should allow some wait time. Please remember that coming to the Learning Center will not guarantee students a good grade, but it will help assist in the process of becoming a stronger student.
- Draft reviews
- Ideas and approaches to an assignment
- Computer software assistance
- A copy of the assignment
- Any writing you may be responding to
- Notes from class
- Pen/pencil and paper
- Provide assistance and support for all levels of writers.
- Discuss individual topics and assignments.
- Provide personal writing profile and suggestions for improvement.
- Revise rough drafts.
- Help with research papers, works cited pages, and all citation styles
- Correct your mistakes and hand your paper back to you without a discussion.
- Write your essay or tell you what to say.
- Judge writing; please do not ask us to give your paper a grade or to predict the grade you will earn on your essay.
- Trouble shooting of problem(s)
- Study tips
- Understanding of concepts
- Syllabus for the course
- Notes from class
- Provide assistance and support for all basic math, algebra, and statistics.
- Discuss individual concepts, formulas, and assignments.
- Assist in how to approach a problem (such as steps and/or which formula(s) to use)
- Provide suggestions for improvement (i.e. formulas to know, logical steps to follow.
- Correct your mistakes and hand your homework back to you without a discussion.
- Solve your homework problems for you.
- Sit with you for more than one problem at a time.
Online Writing Tutoring ServicePlease follow the directions below in order to take advantage of our online writing tutoring service.
WRITING TUTORING: All LCC students can submit essays online using this link. Please allow 1-3 business days to receive feedback. We strongly encourage students to submit essays at least 3-5 days in advance in order to fully apply feedback and ask additional questions. Our tutors will respond to your essay using the Microsoft in-text commenting tool. Once the feedback is complete, your essay will be sent back to you via email using the email you noted on your submission form.