Do I need to be enrolled at LCC in the class for which I am seeking tutorial services?

Yes, you must be enrolled in the class at Lake County Campus of Woodland Community College. If you are taking the class at another school/college, we are not able to assist you.

How much does it cost?

Tutorial sessions are FREE to our students.

For what classes do you offer tutorial services?

We strive to have tutors available for all subjects here at LCC. However, the availability of tutors may be limited to their schedules and to the demand for their help. If we do not have a tutor for a class, we will try to find one.

How much time will I have for each session?

There is no time limit. As long as the student is in the Student Success Center, he/she can receive help.

Do I need to make an appointment or can I just drop-in?

Drop-in anytime during hours of operation.

Am I able to have individual help or will I be in group sessions?

The Student Success Center is designed to help all students who come into the center. Each student can receive help with his/her individual questions. Group sessions are often available for certain Math and English courses.

Who are your tutors?

Some tutors are Tutoring Center Specialists; these individuals are hired specifically for the Student Success Center. Other tutors are student peers who have been approved by the class instructor(s). They have earned an “A” or “B” in the class or a higher division class and have at least a 3.0 GPA. Some tutors are individuals who have taken the comparable course(s) at another institution and have met the tutor qualifications.

Am I able to request a specific tutor?

No, however, a student can come in when a specific tutor is working.

What if I don’t feel I work well with my tutor? Can I change tutors?

Yes, we strive to make a student comfortable; there are several different tutors who adapt to a student’s learning needs.

Do you offer tutorial assistance outside WCC?

No, but we can refer students to certain agencies.

If I have a problem or question, who do I contact?

Call the Center to speak with a staff member. He/She will try to resolve or answer your question or will set up a meeting with you.