Lake County Campus Promise
Beginning fall 2018, all first-time students will not pay fees at the Lake County Campus. The “WCC Promise” program requires new WCC students to enroll in at least 12 units as a full-time student. Students must also choose a short-term occupational certificate, university transfer preparation, or an Associate degree as their academic program of choice when enrolling at WCC. Successful fall 2018 WCC full-time Promise students who return in the spring semester of 2019 will enjoy the same free college benefit for that term as well.
Enroll Fall 2018
Beginning in the Fall 2018 semester, first-time Lake County Campus students will not pay fees when they enroll in at least 12 units and choose a program of study.
We Pay Your Fees
Since full-time California community college student fees total over $550 each semester, parents and studennts will save well over $1,000 for the 2018 fall and 2019 spring semesters.
The WCC Promise program gives students the incentive to enroll as full-time students and to continue from the first semester to the next. National research shows these student behaviors are associated with academic program completion.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who’s eligible?
All first-time college students, including students who earned college units while still in high school who:
- are California Residents or AB540 eligible
- complete a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application
- enroll in and complete 12 or more units
Note: This program is not awarded on the basis of financial need.
- What is covered?
- The Promise covers full-time enrollment tuition.
- Are student fees such as health and course material fees covered?
- No, the student is still responsible for health fees, course material fees, books, etc.
- How will tuition be paid?
- Students’ fees will be waived once their eligibility is determined. No direct cash disbursements will occur.
- Can students get their tuition waived if they take more then 12 units?
- How long is this program good for?
- The Promise is for the students’ first year only at this time. Enroll today!