Community colleges are distinguished by the personal attention given to students and the quality of guidance and counseling services provided. Counseling is an essential part of Woodland Community College, designed to complement and facilitate the instructional program and to aid students in academic, career, and personal planning. Counselors provide services for helping each student by:
- Analyzing aptitudes and interests and learn decision making processes related to academic and career planning.
- Determining the best educational program for achieving a chosen career.
- Selecting courses and college activities to maximize the student’s opportunities and potential.
- Developing a student educational plan that encompasses both the course work and supplemental needs of the student.
- Planning a transfer program which leads to acceptance with junior standing at an upper division college or university, if such is the choice.
- Addressing personal problems which are of such a nature that a college counselor can be of professional assistance.
Counseling Office Location/Hours of Operation:
Location: Administration Building 100
Call: (707) 995-7901 for counseling appointments
Counselors: Pamela Bordisso and Ingrid Larsen
Fax: (707) 994-3553