Career and Transfer Services
Here you will find resources that will assist your journey in developing a career or furthering your education. The Career & Transfer Center has current catalogs from four-year colleges and universities as well as career planning information. Feel free to stop by the Administration Building 100 to make use of this valuable resource!
The Career Center is open to all students and community members who seek assistance with the career development process. Through this process you can learn more about yourself, explore and research educational and career options, identify goals and create action plans, and move towards your goals by developing job search skills and gaining experience in the world of work. The career counseling process is unique to each individual and is driven by your career development needs – it is not a “one-size fits all” process and requires your time, patience, and focus in order to get the most out of the experience. We offer one-on-one career and transfer counseling by appointment. Please call the Counseling Office at (707) 995-7901 to schedule your career and/or transfer counseling appointment today. We look forward to working with you!
Self-Assessment Online Tools
Match Personality, Interests, Skills & Values to Career Choices
Career Exploration Sites
Research Careers, Salary, Outlook, Careers in Demand
- California Career Cafe: A Virtual Career Center for California Community College Students that provides insights and tools to help identify a career direction.
- Career One Stop: A source for career exploration, training, and jobs, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A guide to career information about hundreds of occupations, with salary info, education/training requirements and outlook.
- Salary.com: Get local salary information on various occupations.
- Eureka: Use site ID code xsxulem to register.
Find Internship/Volunteer Opportunities
- Internship.com: Various Internship Opportunities (Search by major or location).
- Idealist: Search for internships based on area of focus or spoken language, whether paid or unpaid.
Connect your major with an exciting career.